Thursday, January 22, 2009

Windows 7, network install.

On another note, i mentioned i was trying to get my lab rat to boot windows 7 but i didnt have a working dvd drive in it. Well thanks to the boys at the ubuntu forums, i managed to get a guide on doing this. The irony of this? Ubuntu is supposed to be competing with windows.....and i turned to their forum for help....and got it...swiftly. Nah but really, they have sections dedicated to other OS's. I mean Mark Shuttleworth (the Ubuntu Founder) even complimented M$ on Win7.

Right now i only had time to test if i can get into the setup from my network, and i did. Tomorrow....or saturday (sometime before the mix....maybe even during?) i will run the whole thing through and see if it "takes" on my old piece of shit :)

I'm dying to use the OS but seeing as its a Beta, and given the problems Vista had....its not touching my lappy top unless its contained in a virtual machine. I'll write back with results.

P.S. If anyone else wants the guide i'll put the link in when i WIN!
blog comments powered by Disqus

My DeviantArt