Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Really Sorry but....in all honesty....

Oh yes this is gonna be a mean one. I'm sorry but I just have to get this off my chest. Call it sour grapes, call me a grump, whatever. But...hear me out.

These Facebook Fan Pages have destroyed the whole fabric of this social network. Yeah yeah I know, I have one, but it has a purpose. I don't give a flying squirrel what happens when you eat a pack of M&M's and take a dump or what you do after you go to bed. I think it's stupid and pointless creating the groups first of all, but joining them is even more pointless.

Why am I pissed? I'm trying to build a career but does anyone give a shit about someone genuinely making a page to share his creations with the world? NO! Do you even check your groups you joined now and again or do you just join them for the sake of joining them and showing off to your friends that you like having a coffee in the morning? It's stupid, it's senseless, and it's become an annoying thorn in my side because everyone is in the habit of joining stupid things, and the real stuff just gets glanced over and left.

I ask time and time again for feedback (Murray I hear you on that one mate) but it's pointless. If you don't give a shit about my project, don't make me happy by becoming a fan.

This whole stupid network has lost it's purpose and the amount of douchebaggery (yes I just made that word up. Go on, make a fanpage for that) and stupidity has grown rapidly over time. I'm sorry, but I'm even closer to closing my account. If it wasn't the only way to communicate with friends (how many can I even call that?) and relatives far away, as well as managing my music project, I would have left the moment stupid fan pages started popping up and revealing the percentage of complete and utter idiots on this network.

And just like MySpace before, this place has been overrun by scum. It's a free world though, you have the right to do what you want, and that means the right to delete you from my account if I feel your level of intelligence isn't worth the space on my list. Please note, I've gone from 340+ contacts to 60, so you KNOW I'm serious!

Again, yes I'm sour grapes....and maybe a bit of a bigot....
blog comments powered by Disqus

My DeviantArt